Tuesday, May 17, 2011

YouTube - Fox Eagle IV .60 using a Performance Specialties UltraThrust Muffler

YouTube - Fox Eagle IV .60 using a Performance Specialties UltraThrust Muffler

http://youtu.be/qOeTpYEouiU

Uploaded by on Mar 6, 2011

When I bench tested my new Fox Eagle IV .60 engine with some different mufflers, I made this video of it using a Performance Specialties Ultrathrust Muffler. I made a bridge adapter to adapt the OS 61 SF muffler hole sizes to fit the Fox engine.
I was using a Zinger 11x7 prop with Omega 10% nitromethane glow fuel.



http://youtu.be/yWZJxT8DoYo


Uploaded by on Jan 16, 2011

This engine had sat stored in a box for over 30 years. I had used it a little on a pattern plane when I had bad luck and had to belly land the airplane hard and it tore the muffler off breaking off the rear muffler mount tab on the engine. So since I had other engines, I shelved it. Anyway, I got lucky and was able to replace the crankcase casting recently, So I test ran the engine in preparation to use it to fly something.



No comments:

Post a Comment